Exer and our affiliated parties take reasonable steps to protect all personally identifiable information transmitted to us via this website. The information we collect may be actively provided by you via informational exchange portals and/or payment portals, or it may be passive via website cookies and/or session cookies, internet protocol addresses and website navigation data. The anonymous information collected may be used by various analytics and advertising services such as those provided by Google. Users may choose to opt-out of Google analytics tracking using this tool, and opt-out of interest-based ads by adjusting their ad settings.
Disclosure of Your Healthcare Information
We may disclose information regarding your healthcare to providers and/or employees within our practices for the purpose of treatment, payment and/or operations.
On occasion, we may need to seek consultation about your condition(s) from other healthcare providers outside of our practices. Additionally we may provide a substitute healthcare provider, authorized by our practices to provide assessment and/or treatment to you, without advanced notice, in the event that your primary healthcare provider is unavailable.
We may disclose your information about your health to your designated insurance provider for the purpose of healthcare operations and/or payment.
To comply fully with state regulated workers’ compensation laws we may disclose your health information as necessary.
In the case of emergencies or death, we may disclose information about your health and condition to a family member or other person responsible for your care.
We may disclose information about your health to public health authorities as required by law for purposes related to injuries or disability, preventing and/or controlling disease, reporting instances of child abuse or neglect, reporting instances of domestic violence, reporting problems with products and reactions to medications to the FDA, and/or reporting disease or infection exposure.
Judicial and Administrative Proceedings
We may disclose information about your health in the course of a judicial or administrative hearing or proceeding.
We may disclose information about your health to law enforcement officials for reasons such as identifying or locating a fugitive, material witness, suspect or missing person, complying with a court order or subpoena, and/or other law enforcement-related reasons.
We may disclose your health information to medical examiners and/or coroners as necessary.
We may disclose information about your health to certain organizations involved in transplanting, banking or procuring tissues and/or organs as necessary.
We may disclose information about your health to persons conducting research that has been approved by an Institutional Review Board.
It may be necessary to disclose information about your health to certain persons in order to lessen and/or prevent a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of an individual or to the general public.
Specialized Government Agencies
We may disclose information about your health for national security, military, prisoner and/or government benefits purposes.
Change of Ownership
In the event that any of our practices is sold or merged with another organization, your health information/records will become the property of the new owner.
Your Health Information Rights
- It is your right to request restrictions on certain disclosures and usages of information regarding your health. However, please be advised that our practices are not required to agree to any restrictions that you may request.
- Upon request it is your right to have information regarding your health received or communicated through an alternative method (and/or sent to an alternative location) other than the usual methods of communication or delivery.
- It is your right to review and copy your health information.
- It is your right to request that our practices amend your protected health information. However please note that our practices are not required to agree to amend your protected health information. If we deny your request then we will provide you with an explanation of our reason(s) for denial as well as information about how you may disagree with the denial.
- It is your right to receive an accounting of how our practices have disclosed your protected health information.
- It is your right to receive a paper copy of this notice of privacy practices at your request.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Our practices reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time in the future. If and when we do so we will make the new provisions effective for all maintained information. Unless and until such amendments are made, our practices are required to comply with this notice by law.
Our practices are required by law to keep information about your health private and to provide you with notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your health information. If you have any concerns or questions about any part of this notice, please contact us.